1. Don’t talk yourself into an outfit that isn’t flattering to your frame. There are only two kinds of clothes in this world. Clothes that flatter you and clothes that don’t and avoid the latter regardless of how popular and trendy they are.
2. It is one thing to go shopping with your girlfriends because that can be very social and enjoyable but keep in mind don’t shop with a competitive friend because she will cajole you into buying more and possibly unflattering items weather or not you need it.
3. If you are shopping for a cocktail (event) dress remember to bring your shoes. That way if you need to check the match you will be all set.
4. If you need to do some major shopping remember to bring a list. This can help focus your attention and keep you on task. It also helps you avoid impulse buys.
5. Nothing good will come from buying uncomfortable shoes regardless of how fabulous they are.
6. Do not shop when you are angry or sad. You may end up doing some beef shopping you’ll regret later. Wait till you feel better.
7. Don’t buy something you don’t need because it is a fantastic sale price. I know we have all done this but it is a waste of money and closet space.
8. Don’t buy on impulse. Ask yourself the following questions when deciding if to buy. Do I need this? Does it fit with my lifestyle or wardrobe? Where am I going to wear this? If you are still undecided then put it on hold and if you are still thinking about it at the end of the day should probably get it, lol.