A beauty regimen is vital for the health, vitality, and the overall youthful appearance of your skin. Having a well-rounded beauty method means understanding which product to apply, how much product to use, and when to use it.
Many people use the wrong products for their skin type or too many products too frequently. Over treating your skin can be just as bad as under treating your skin. When creating your beauty regimen, it’s all about finding exactly what’s right for your skin type.
- Cleanse your face. Wash your face with a quarter-size amount of cleanser twice a day.
- Exfoliate your face. Use a dime-size amount of gentle scrub and carefully exfoliate once or twice a week. Look for a gentle exfoliant that contains fine particles or acids that will remove dead cells without damaging the skin.
- Apply moisturizer. Every morning apply a nickel to quarter-size amount of SPF moisturizer after fully cleansing your skin. If you’re spending more than 30 minutes in the outdoors, reapply every 30 minutes since sunscreens breakdown when exposed to sunlight over a period of time. Look for a medium-weight lotion that contains skin-protective antioxidants.
- Use an overnight retinol cream for anti-aging and evening skin tone. Apply a pea-size amount of retinol cream four times a week.
- Rub in a moisturizer overnight. Apply a dime-size amount of your skin moisturizer four times a week.
- Combat acne. Apply a dot of acne salve on target acne spots. Look for ingredients, such as 5 percent benzoyl peroxide or 2 percent salicylic acid.
Tips & Warnings
1. The amount of washing and cleansing is enough to balance skin and still encourage cell turnover.
2. Take advantage of a nighttime beauty regimen. Nighttime is when skin repairs itself and isn’t exposed to harsh weather that may deter the active ingredients in treatments.