Good skin care and healthy lifestyle choices can help delay the natural aging process and prevent various skin problems.
Here are some guidelines on how to maintain an healthy skin
1. PROTECT YOURSELF FROM SUN; One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems as well as increase the risk of skin cancer. To protect your skin from sun, it is important to use a sunscreen.
When choosing a sunscreen, make sure it contains Mexoryl found in La-Roche Posay or Helioplex found in Neutrogena products.
2. CLEANSING; In the morning, a splash of lukewarm water is all you need. You only need to wash your face at night to remove makeup and sunscreen which can clog pores. Make sure to remove eye makeup with a proper makeup remover. The area around the eye is delicate so don’t pull or rub too hard.
3. EAT A HEALTHY DIET; A healthy diet can help you look and feel best. Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins. Some researcher suggests that a diet rich in vitamin C and low in unhealthy fats and processed or refined carbohydrates might promote younger looking skin.
4. EXFOLIATION; Most people often avoid this step in their weekly skincare routine. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, leaving your skin radiant and smooth. If you properly exfoliate your skin, you will notice an almost immediate difference.
Here are some exfoliating tools;
* Exfoliating cleanser
* Loofah, body brush or exfoliating gloves
* Pumice stone
* Body lotion
5. MOISTURIZE; One of the basic rule of beauty is that if you have dry skin, you should invest in a basic moisturizer. When your skin is tight, you should moisturize and be careful not to over moisturize because it can clog pores.